Job Title: Vice President, Controller
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Date: February 2022
As a key member of the Finance organization, the Vice President, Controller will report to the CFO and
assume a strategic role in the overall operation and management of the financial control processes and
methodology. The VP, Controller will be responsible for managing all accounting activities, including
financial statement preparation, and reporting, accounting policies and procedures as well as the
oversight and development of new and existing internal controls. This individual will act as the technical
accounting resource for the Company and be responsible for regularly improving processes and
increasing the efficiency of the accounting and business operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties,
assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
• Partner with CFO in leading the accounting control function optimizing financial results
• Directs the financial accounting of the company to ensure all financial data is accurate and timely
• Responsible for accurate and timely preparation and submission of monthly, quarterly and annual
financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flows)
• Leads and develops the accounting team with a focus on building capability and empowering
• Develop Accounting Operations Functional Purpose strategy and more importantly, turn strategy
into action, measurably impacting results.
• Provide inspiring and strategic day-to-day leadership for the function, coordinating activities and
managing direct and indirect reports to achieve the goals and initiatives needed to ensure
success including, but not limited to, the following areas:
o Accounting policy
o Control environment
o Closing process (timely, accurate, efficient)
o Revenue accounting
o Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Treasury Operations
• Establish and maintains financial objectives, policies, and controls
• Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings, including account reconciliations, accrual
schedules and general journal entries, ensuring that reconciliations are performed accurately and
• Responsible for annual external audit preparation and oversight and collaborates with external
public accounting team to comply with US GAAP accounting requirements and standards
• Engagement / People Leadership – Inspires, motivates, and empowers people to achieve
organizational goals. Builds a team that is viewed as a valued partner across the
• Strategic Orientation – Takes company-wide perspective (not narrow functional view). Sees
ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately.
• Continuous Improvement – Understands and has demonstrated experience streamlining
maintaining and improve processes and internal controls.
• Emotional Intelligence & Sense of Urgency – High levels of self-awareness and ability to
recognize needs and concerns of others. Consistently demonstrates high levels of energy,
passion, enthusiasm and a can-do attitude.
• Leadership Skills – An energizing and inspiring leader with the ability to partner up, down, and
sideways. A strong leader who is able to clearly articulate expectations and hold his/her
organization accountable. Creates a culture where transparency is valued and encouraged.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and or Business Administration or equivalent
experience preferred. MBA desired.
• 10+ years in accounting. Big 4 experience a plus.
• Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of Finance, GAAP, Systems and
• Industry experience: Ideal candidates will have served as Corporate Controller or Chief
Accounting Officer. CPA preferred
• Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
• Previous controllership experience in a public company and Big 4 public accounting
experience is highly desired.
• Retail or Financial Services industry experience is a plus.
• Strong organizational and analytical skills is required
• This position requires excellent communication and relationship skills.
• Well-developed ability to prioritize with strong attention to details.
Interested members should e-mail resume to [email protected] Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper’s Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1764 in the subject line and to copy [email protected] on your email.